New Vibes Report Finds Coupons and Loyalty as Primary Reason Consumers Engage with Brands on Mobile
Consumers prefer to use coupons and loyalty programs in mobile wallets like Apple Wallet & Android Pay
CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Vibes, a mobile marketing leader, today released its 2016 Mobile Consumer Report, which examines consumer perceptions and opinions about mobile marketing and advertising programs. Results of the study show that consumers actively seek out certain types of campaigns if they directly or immediately benefit them. The report highlights the opportunity for retailers and brands to use mobile coupon, loyalty and messaging programs to drive million-dollar ROI and enhance consumer brand perceptions.
@Vibes report finds coupons and loyalty as primary reason consumers engage with brands on mobile. #mobilewallet.
Mobile Wallet Must Become a Central Part of Incentive Marketing and Loyalty Programs
Vibes’ report reveals a powerful consumer shift towards regularly using mobile wallets like Apple Wallet and Android Pay, spurred by ongoing investments in mobile wallet technology by Apple and Google. At the heart of this trend, Vibes also finds that coupons and loyalty are primary reasons consumers engage with brands via mobile.
- About a third (32 percent) of smartphone users currently use a mobile wallet like Apple Wallet and Android Pay.
- Over nine in 10 (94 percent) mobile wallet users are likely to save personalized mobile wallet offers and coupons.
- Approximately eight in 10 (82 percent) smartphone users report that digital coupons are convenient when compared to printing out coupons and bringing them to the store.
- The majority of consumers (59 percent) say their opinion of a retailer would become more positive if they started to receive coupons and offers that could be saved on their smartphones.
- Two-thirds of respondents (66 percent) would have a more positive opinion of a loyalty program if the program allowed them to store and access their information on their smartphone in a mobile wallet app.
- After clicking on a mobile ad, about half (49 percent) of respondents said a mobile coupon page is their preferred destination, as opposed to respondents who prefer landing on a mobile commerce page (26 percent) or an app download page (25 percent).
Additional key findings include a strong consumer willingness to subscribe to brand text programs:
- Almost six in ten respondents (59 percent) want to receive text alerts (SMS / MMS) with updates on their orders from retailers and brands.
- Seventy-seven percent (77 percent) of smartphone users say receiving surprise points or rewards, exclusive content and special birthday or anniversary mobile messages would have a positive impact on their brand loyalty.
“The popularity of coupons and loyalty programs remains very strong, but the most effective delivery mechanisms for these marketing tactics has changed with the growth in mobile,” said Jack Philbin, co-founder and CEO of Vibes. “This consumer data highlights the tremendous opportunity for marketers to immediately start delivering their branded content into Apple Wallet and Android Pay. It’s a win-win. Not only do consumers enjoy the convenience these mobile wallets provide, but the ability to personalize and update coupons and loyalty programs helps marketers increase their programs’ effectiveness as well.”
Vibes’ 2016 Mobile Consumer Report is based on recently captured consumer data from over 1,000 consumers to help marketers successfully engage with their mobile consumers in 2016 and beyond.
Vibes is a mobile marketing technology leader that helps some of the world’s biggest brands unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and guidance they need to succeed in mobile marketing. Vibes’ Catapult Mobile Relationship Management (MRM) platform enables marketers to manage all mobile communications including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet (formerly called Passbook), Android Pay (formerly called Google Wallet) and mobile web campaigns — all from a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than 8 billion mobile experiences since 1998 on behalf of customers such as Chipotle, Sears, Home Depot, Verizon, Allstate, The Gap, Pep Boys, Men’s Wearhouse, and Gannett. Vibes is a Tier 1 aggregator with direct connections to all U.S. wireless carriers. To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com or connect on Twitter.com/Vibes.
Staley White, 801-461-9769