Vibes’ First-of-Its Kind Platform Enables Retailers to ‘Mobilize’ Loyalty Programs Using Google Wallet and Apple’s Passbook
Upgraded Mobile Wallet Platform Enhances Consumer Loyalty Programs and Increases Control for Marketers
CHICAGO, IL–(Marketwired – May 28, 2014) – Attention consumers and retailers: It’s time to ditch those plastic loyalty cards as Vibes, a mobile marketing technology leader, unveils a first-of-its-kind platform that enables retailers to mobilize their valuable loyalty programs. The enhancement to Wallet Manager™ from Vibes allows retailers to seamlessly digitize plastic loyalty cards and manage customer loyalty programs — all via consumers’ Google Wallet and Apple’s Passbook apps.
The demand for mobile-wallet content has never been greater. According to research, 85 percent of consumers cite a perceived benefit of using the non-payment side of mobile wallets, with two of the top three benefits centered around loyalty — digitizing paper items and managing point balances.
“Today marks the end of plastic loyalty cards,” said Julie Novack, Vibes senior vice president, sales and services. “Mobilizing loyalty programs is a win-win solution for both retailers and consumers. For retailers, they offer personalized opportunities to further engage consumers and ultimately build loyalty; for consumers, digitized programs offer a new, more interactive way to engage with their favorite retailers — while enjoying the many perks of being a loyalty member.”
How It Works
Vibes’ upgraded Wallet Manager is easy to use, easy to manage and allows marketers to build and customize their mobile wallet loyalty content in real time. There are five easy steps — and benefits — for retailers looking to connect with their loyal customers via mobile:
1. Digitize: Eliminate plastic loyalty cards stored on key chains, which allows retailers to build closer connections with their customers and increase the loyalty program’s relevancy and usability.
2. Personalize: Develop unique content that directly engages target consumers, giving them access to their personalized information such as account numbers and real-time loyalty point balance, while also delivering specific offers that meet their unique needs, demands and preferences.
3. Localize: Distribute timely content through geo-location and beacon technology, alerting customers about their loyalty cards when they are nearby stores or in shopping aisles.
4. Customize: Manage all content, branding and loyalty customer information on mobile wallet loyalty cards in real time to provide dynamic mobile loyalty experiences.
5. Communicate: Engage customers by sending them relevant content such as rewards, certificates, points and content updates and exclusive redemption reminders — all to improve the overall loyalty program experience.
“Consumers are finally able to eliminate the bulky and tedious process of removing and replacing loyalty cards with every trip to their favorite retailers — all while realizing the benefits of having that personal relationship with their favorite retailers. And that’s assuming they remember to take them!” said Novack.
Wallet Manager is the industry’s only cross-channel mobile wallet platform. Since September 2012, when Apple introduced Passbook, Vibes has delivered more than 320 successful mobile wallet campaigns. For more information and to learn more about the results of those programs, visit www.vibes.com/wallet-loyalty.
Founded in 1998, Vibes is a mobile marketing technology leader that helps some of the world’s biggest brands acquire, engage and deepen relationships throughout the customer lifecycle. Vibes’ Catapult Mobile Relationship Management (MRM) platform enables marketers to drive revenue growth and loyalty through mobile messaging, mobile wallet marketing leveraging Apple’s Passbook and Google Wallet, post-click engagement, and advanced segmentation, targeting and personalization. Vibes has delivered more than 4 billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Sears, Home Depot, Verizon, Allstate, The Gap, Tribune, Fox, and Gannett. The Common Short Code Administration (CSCA) recognizes Vibes as one of only seven Tier 1 aggregators with secure, direct connections to all the major carriers. To learn more about Vibes, visit https://www.vibes.com or connect on Facebook.com/VibesMedia or Twitter.com/Vibes.